Books

Friday, December 18, 2009

A brief note after three weeks off:
Robin is winterized and in her slip in Cambridge, Md. Her fuel tanks are filled, there is biodegradable antifreeze in her raw water system and plumbing, the water tanks have been drained and the seacocks have been closed. I put one tarp over her dodger and main cabin, but she needs a couple more to keep her dry inside. Otherwise, she's snug, with extra dock lines to handle the winter winds.
On Wednesday I had cataract surgery. The difference is remarkable. It is as if someone just got done Windexing the windows. Everything shows in sharp detail.
I'm working on the editing of the submarine book, now called Eight Survived. The editor, Keith, asked me to provide thorough source material, chapter by chapter, to back up my writing. So I've been going through the hundreds of documents I collected starting in 2001 when I began research for the book. I've found stuff that I didn't remember I had. It's been entertaining at times.
And An Irresponsible Adult is being looked at in the office of a Boston literary agent. The agent's assistant emailed me yesterday asking for the manuscript after a proposal I sent them intrigued her. I'm hoping for the best, of course.
More important, I'm taking this opportunity to wish all of you the best in the holiday season and beyond. I know I'm going to be entertained in the new year, and I hope you will be, too.

1 comment:

  1. ...and we wish you a very Merry Christmas and lots of book signings across the country!

    ReplyDelete