Books

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Another beautiful day on the river -- or, more precisely, beside the river. The wind has been blowing strong for three days at least, but every time we get within view, the wind and the current on the river are going in the same direction and so, no plowed-up whitecaps, no endless foam and spindrift.
Tomorrow I meet Skip Lippincott in Cambridge, where he will do the final installation of the new dodger on Robin. It will not be an overnighter since it will be Friday.
But next week and the week after, I plan to be on board three days and to get some serious work accomplished on Robin.
At the same time, I'll be working on the youth novel, adding 1,500 words a day -- my goal -- to the 20,000 words already written. The book is about 2/3 complete. The working title is Rooster, which happens to be the name of the Westsail 32 that co-stars in the narrative.
The first draft should be done before the two weeks is over. At that point, I will do some serious rewriting, hoping to vastly improve the chances of publication.
After all, I'm unemployed and some income -- any income -- would help!

No comments:

Post a Comment