Books

Thursday, February 7, 2013

I'm writing this on the new Dell laptop. Last night, I attempted to take the minutes of the monthly meeting of our local boat club -- the Red Dragon Canoe Club -- on this machine. It was a scary proposition. About every 17 key strokes, a header template appeared on the screen in blue. I had no idea why, except that I was deploying my fingers in a way that brushed some surface wired to create headers.
Now I'm typing on a keyboard separate from the laptop, and I have a mouse plugged in to a USB port so I won't have to use the touch pad on the laptop. I'm not making too many mistakes, and when I do, I can correct them without sending the laptop into an alternative digital universe.
When it comes to avoiding more modern technology, I may have discovered a useful path.

No comments:

Post a Comment