Books

Monday, March 8, 2010

John Morrison brought the six-inch sander/polisher and I brought the angle grinder. We met at the waterfront, John with his two good arms and I with my left arm in a sling.
Guess who did all the work on the Mariner centerboard!
But after a couple of hours, John had the offending shims ground away completely, so the centerboard should fit back in its trunk, sufficiently slender to move freely. And most of the rust is gone, too.
On Wednesday, he and I are heading to Maryland, and when we come back, I'll have a quart of bottom paint with me for the centerboard.
I'll also have Robin's dodger canvass. Today, Skip Lippincott said he doesn't need to visit Robin to measure if I bring the cloth to him. Initially, he said he couldn't do a good job of fitting that way. But today, he said it could be done because we are getting the hard plastic windows rather than the flexible clear vinylwindows.
I don't know how this will get done, but I know Skip does good work, so I'll trust him.
With all this progess, can sailing season be far away?

No comments:

Post a Comment