Books

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

John Wendler, who operates the crane that, in fall and spring, fetchs and launches the docks at the Red Dragon Canoe Club, brought his big machine to our place today and, within an hour, had the cupola sitting atop the ridge of our little cottage.
There remains a lot of work to do: Remove the lifting beams I had attached to the sides; install the synthetic lumber trim and the cedar shakes on the sides; bolt the whole thing down to the roof and wire it for a light.
Once again, Mr. Morrison was on hand to oversee my foibles. He guided Mr. Wendler, whom I couldn't see because a dormer came between the crane cab and me, straddling the ridge to guide the cupola home.
I am pleased to report that the structure fit. In my judgment, it looks pretty good, too.

1 comment:

  1. Anxious to see pictures of this.
    Thinking of the quote: 'There are big ships and small ships, but the best ship is FRIENDSHIP.' John Morrison comes instantly to mind.

    ReplyDelete