Books

Wednesday, July 28, 2010


The meals on this trip have been varied. Today I had to dispose of four grilled chicken breasts that Monica had made before we left because we didn't have time to eat them.
John Morrison and I ate out the first two nights, in Annapolis and Chesapeake City.
Then John jumped ship in Cape May, Tom Gilmore came aboard and a half hour later, we were out on the Atlantic. We were unable to land the first two bluefish that we hooked, so for dinner we ate two of the pieces of chicken along with boiled white potatoes and peas.
The next night, the seas were choppy as we approached Long Island, so I heated a can of Dinty Moore beef stew for Tom and a can of chicken noodle soup for me. We then ran into a line of thunder storms, and the chicken noodle never actually settled in place.
The following day, we finally landed a blue and that night, we ate it fried along with home fries and onions and another can of vegetables. It was a great meal.
The next night, I decided once again that I wouldn't cook. We'd been nibbling all day, so I made peanut butter and raisin sandwiches. Tom leveled a charge of crew abuse. Too bad.
The following night, we were at Dodge Morgan's party, where Tom ate lobster and I cheeseburgers.
Sunday night, we were finally on a mooring in Rockland and I treated Tom to a restaurant dinner
Monday, I finished as much as I could of the bluefish.
Last night, I ate three mackerel that I'd caught the night before.
Tonight, I could catch a couple more mackerel. But I'm bored with the way I cook fish. I need my resident chef on board before I justify taking more fish lives. I think it'll be pasta and marinara sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment