Books

Saturday, July 17, 2010


Monica and John's wife, Fran, were set to take us to Robin this morning, leaving home at 8 a.m. But at that time, I was in a local emergency room.
A kidney stone that I didn't know existed decided to strike at 5 o'clock this morning.
I'm fine now, and I think I may have passed the stone. So tomorrow morning at 6:3o, we'll go get John (and maybe Fran) and try to get to Robin early enough that we can make it from Cambridge to Annapolis as we had planned.
But there is an unfortunate new wrinkle. John will stay with me to Cape May, where Tom comes aboard. But John has to stay ashore when Tom boards. A daughter in California is having medical problems.
Monica and I have been reading a Maine cruising guide, and she is getting more and more excited about the two weeks we will cruise there.
The refrigeration did seem to work yesterday when I tried it. But I was unable to resolve the issue with the battery charger.
That's no big loss since I don't expect to have much chance to plug into shore power for the next six weeks. I'll have someone who knows about marine electrical stuff -- maybe Josh -- to examine it when Robin returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment