Books

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ten copies of Eight Survived arrived last week and I've given away nine to family and to people who helped with the book. So far, I've managed to hold on to one copy, and I'm generally happy with it.
Now I'm looking for audiences for book readings/signings. I think that submarine veterans organizations would be a natural and I'm trying to contact some of those to offer speaking programs.
Meanwhile, Soundings Magazine has run my piece on the writing of the book in the November issue, which just arrived in our mailbox yesterday. They devoted three pages to the story. That was very nice of them. I'm hoping that will generate some interest in the book.
On Thursday, I'm driving to a suburb of Washington, D.C., to interview Elaine Foster, my friend who did so much of the research that resulted in Eight Survived. I'm hoping to write a book about her -- a biography that would reveal what a national treasure in hiding she is. Elaine's mind sparkles like the fuse on a firecracker. I just have to figure out what book marketers would think would sell.
Meanwhile, I'm making (very) slow progress rewriting the youth novel, have made no efforts at completing the cupola and am heading north with Monica this weekend for my 50th high school reunion -- the first reunion I've ever attended.
I think I'll take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment