Books

Thursday, March 3, 2011

lDo we have a job for you?

There was one question during the phone job interview for Wegman's this morning that stumped me.
"Can you name a product -- of any kind -- you've recently discovered that excites you?"
I couldn't think of a single product, of the millions that are out there, possibly because I seldom go shopping and, whenever possible, I buy "pre-owned" and save a ton of money. Most pre-owned things aren't very exciting, and you don't actually discover them. You've probably known for some time that Levis makes blue jeans, for example.
So when the nice lady, Tracey, asked that question, there was a period of silence followed by my answer.
"No."
I don't know if failing to be an excited consumer disqualifies me to work in a supermarket. Perhaps it does. I will know by the end of next week, because I was assured I'd hear from Wegman's by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment