Books

Saturday, May 7, 2011

The bulkhead work never got completed this week. It rained, and I'm thankful it did.
On Tuesday evening, I was prepared to awaken the next morning, put some fiberglass cloth in place and reinstall the holding tank. The next step would be painting the V-berth.
But it was raining -- hard -- and water was dripping in at the pump-out deck fitting that I had re-caulked during an earlier visit to Robin. I'd have never known that and would have buttoned everything tight if the rain had not come.
So next week, I'll return, inspect the fitting, pour water over it and, if I can get the leak fixed, then proceed with the completion of the bulkhead project.
I had the wood and stainless steel trim ready to fix the splintered caprail and rubrail, but due to the downpour on Wednesday, I ditched that plan and went home.
Weather stalled my work, and at the same time made it more likely that it will be done correctly. I'm not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment