Books

Monday, June 6, 2011

Bluebird has been on her mooring in the Delaware River for two days. Yesterday afternoon when I checked, the seepage amounted to less than one sponge full of water. If there is not substantially more water in her bilge tonight, I'll leave her floating until I return from Hawaii in a week. I'm visiting daughter Nancy and her family on the big island, an annual trek. It will be good to see them all. Perhaps I'll find something to report from there.
If I have Internet access, I'll be following the Bermuda One-Two on iBoattrack.com until all the boats are ashore. They will head back for Newport, RI, the day after I return home. They've had a fast run, with the lead boat expected in St. George's around midnight tonight, a passage of about 3.5 days. That's a very good run, and although no one is nipping at the lead boat's heals, several are poised to make it in under four days. If all goes well, the slowest boat probably will beat Robin's time in 2009, and that, we felt, was quite respectable.9

No comments:

Post a Comment