Books

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Forester is squatting on its springs. Inside are the outboard motor; a large suitcase containing my essential clothing for six weeks, minus a few items; a large Rubbermaid tub in which are collected basic, non-perishable groceries for two weeks; a 35-bottle case of spring water; two 12-bottle cases of green tea; three first aid boxes; four new flares; a book of tide and current tables, and a guitar. I'm just waiting for Monica, who is now home from work, to assemble her clothing for her two-week stay aboard Robin and then the packing will be complete.
The plan is that I drive to Cambridge, MD, in the morning and store all this gear aboard Robin before returning home. Saturday morning, we and the Morrisons will drive back to Cambridge, and early Sunday -- just after first light -- John and I will be on our way.
That's the plan.
I also plan on knocking on some nearby wood. About a cord's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment