Books

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The final two portlights in the saloon have been reset and the wood around the replaced. Trim and painting should be finished tomorrow, and then it's on to the head and the other forward portlights.
I lucked out today with the weather. Sunny and mild, with light wind. That meant I could work outside. While I have all the tools here I need, I'm paying a price for my inexperience with this particular work. That means I can't accurately estimate my needs for materials. I had to drive to Easton, MD, today to get a quarter-sheet of Luan plywood. I didn't have one the right size for the final portlight of the day. The trip took just about an hour.
I think I'll have to bring a shop-vac next week. There is so much sawdust and rotten plywood scraps inside Robin and dried caulk on her deck that no amount of sweeping will make her clean.
We're hoping to spend Memorial Day weekend aboard, and the boss likes a clean boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment