Books

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A small measure of success was recorded today on Robin. It had rained all night when I arrived this morning, and for the first time in memory, there was no water (after a rain) on the chart table. Last week, I had rebedded the portlight above the chart table. Thus, it seems, the fix worked.
It continued to rain off and on today, so I was unable to do any more portlights. But that left time for some carpentry, and I finished off the interior liners around the three portlights that were repaired last week. Then I put primer on, and were I not so sleepy, I'd paint the three tonight.
When this project is done, I won't be so ashamed to invite visitors aboard Robin.
It is supposed to rain tomorrow, and all I can do in the rain is put the finish coat of paint around those three portlights. But I have other work to do.
The final proofs are in for Eight Survived. I have to go through the entire proof and look for errors. That probably will absorb most of tomorrow. On Thursday, they are saying sun, and maybe that means I'll finish the work on the saloon and move on to the head.
Next week, there is teak to caulk and a splintered caprail to mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment