Books

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The white paint is drying on the liner around the portlights in the saloon. I think it may need another coat, but the rest of the cabin surfaces definitely need a new coat of paint, so dingy do they look beside the fresh white.
I finished up the woodwork in the head first when I arrived in Cambridge at about 4 p.m. After priming that work, I then brushed and rolled all the prior work -- six portlights in all.
Then it was time to tackle boat cleaning. I brought the shop vac from home and used it to get all the sawdust and wood chips. Tomorrow, I'll Pine-sol the boat and do one more portlight -- over the hanging locker across from the head. Then we will be ready for Memorial Day weekend and, we hope, our first sail of the year.
Took long enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment