Books

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Today was one of those days that tears you apart. The wind on the Delaware River was from the northwest at about 15 knots, a perfect sailing day on a river that runs generally northeast to southwest. There were a hundred boats sailing on the river, many taking part in the race of a nearby boating club.
Bluebird, however, was still on her trailer, not yet able to sail.
With all the garden work done, Monica gave me the day off and I set about re-installing the steel centerboard. The job is done, for now. I need to waterproof it, and I should replace the cable that is used to raise and lower the board, but the boat could be sailed now, I think.
I have hopes that before May ends, Bluebird will take flight. I really should paint her, but my guess is that I will procrastinate, particularly if the wind is blowing as it did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment